Twelve months, six issues, dozens of stories about the people, places and events that make City South such a special community. As we look back on 2019, we're reflecting on the stories you—our readers—loved most. These were the top 10 most-read stories on citysouthmagazine.com last year—revisit them (or catch up on what you missed) and be sure to share your favorites on social media!
- Gavin Kaysen Talks Evolution of Twin Cities Restaurant Scene
We chatted with Gavin Kaysen about his three distinct restaurants, what he loves about cooking in the Twin Cities and what’s on the horizon.
- Revisiting Our Favorite Restaurants in City South
For our Best of City South issue, we revisited some of our favorite local comestibles.
- Twin Cities Blogger Tells Stories from the Light Rail
Lisa Hoff is the woman behind TCTrainspotting, the Facebook blog that documents life on the Twin Cities’ light rail system.
- Family Winery Offers Taste of Argentina in Minnesota
Think you have a long commute from your City South–area home? Just imagine running a vineyard in South America.
- South Minneapolis Breweries Clean Up at Minnesota's Biggest Craft Beer Awards
At the inaugural MN Brewers Cup, three City South breweries took home awards.
- Editor's Pick for the Best Burger in South Minneapolis
Yes, you’ll need some napkins for Lake & Irving’s burger and yes, it’s worth it.
- Host the Party of Your Dreams with Sprinkles & Confetti
St. Louis Park resident Jackie Walter speaks the language of parties—colorful bundles of balloons, scrumptious cupcakes with swirls of frosting and sprinkles in every color under the sun, decorative paper plates and metallic gold silverware, and the giddy smile on the guest of honor’s face.
- South Minneapolis is Home to Minnesota's First Zero Waste Store
Tare Market opened in April, bringing zero waste shopping and education to City South.
- Spoon and Stable's Gavin Kaysen Prepares the Next Generation of Chefs
James Beard award–winner Gavin Kaysen is working to ensure chefs from the area have the experience and training needed to be recognized for years to come.
- Best Happy Hours in South Minneapolis and St. Louis Park
Whether you’re grabbing an after-work drink or looking for an affordable date night, City South has plenty of great happy hour options.